Less than 1 hour
Makes 1 cup
- Chicken skin from 6 chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ block (250g) soft butter
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Lay chicken skin flat on the tray.
- Sprinkle with salt, top with another sheet of baking paper and weigh down with another baking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from tray and set aside to cool.
- Mix chicken oil from oven tray with butter.
- Once crispy skins are cool, chop finely and add to butter.
- Season and add grated peel and mix well.
- Tightly roll butter mixture up in clingfilm or baking paper to form a log.
- Chill in the fridge, and slice into disks for serving.