Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 3 cups (750ml) grated cheddar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) wholegrain mustard
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 8-12 slices sourdough bread
- 8-12 slices gypsy ham
- Butter, for spreading
- Mix cheese, mustard, egg and spring onion in a large bowl until well combined. Season.
- Spread cheese mixture on half the bread slices and top with ham.
- Sandwich with remaining bread and spread both sides with butter.
- Toast in a heavy pan or snackwich machine until golden and cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with fruit juice or a glass of beer.