Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
2 blocks (200g each) PnP extra firm plain tofu
½ tsp (3ml) fine salt
Glug olive oil blend, for frying
2 Tbsp (30ml) butter chicken spice or korma curry spice
1 tsp (5ml) chilli flakes
1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
2-3 fresh curry leaves
Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 4 PnP naan flatbreads, toasted
- 1 cup (250ml) Yokos coconut yoghurt
- Handful red onion, finely sliced (pickled red onions works well too)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Handful fresh coriander, toasted coconut flakes and lemon wedges
- Place tofu between two layers of kitchen paper and press down for 3 minutes to remove excess moisture – you can place something heavy on top to weigh it down, if you like.
- Remove from kitchen paper.
- Break tofu into rough chunks to create jagged edges.
- Season with salt.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over high heat.
- Fry tofu for about 2-3 minutes per side or until crispy and golden all over.
- Add butter chicken or korma spice, chilli flakes, cumin seeds, curry leaves and lemon juice. Fry for a minute, tossing tofu until well coated in spices.
- Spread flatbreads with yoghurt and top red onion and cucumber.
- Top with tofu and drizzle with curried oil.
- Serve scattered with coriander, coconut flakes and lemon wedges on the side.