- Glug olive or canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2cm knob ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet (44g) Pakco Durban curry dry cook-in-sauce
- 1 packet (100g) tomato paste
- 1 packet (400g) PnP butternut and sweet potato cubes
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Salt and milled pepper
- 6-8 sheets defrosted samoosa pastry or phyllo pastry
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted butter, for brushing
- ½-1 tsp (3-5ml) cumin seeds, crushed
- Handful chopped parsley, for serving
- Plain yoghurt and chutney, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and sauté onion for about 5-8 minutes or until soft.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add cook-in-sauce and tomato paste and fry for another minute.
- Tip in butternut and sweet potato cubes and water and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and season well.
- Spoon mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Cut pastry sheets into equal-sized triangles and arrange on top of filling, making sure to overlap them.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cumin seeds and bake for 8-10 minutes until pastry is golden-brown.
- Serve with yoghurt and chutney on the side.
GOOD IDEA: This filling can be used for traditional samoosas as well. Simply place a heaped teaspoon of filling in a corner of samoosa or phyllo pastry and fold into a samoosa. Follow our guide here.
Pakco – Packed with flavour
Bringing the ultimate flavour to cooking comes down to the unique blend of spices you add to your meals. Only Pakco is expertly blended and packed with flavour. Pakco knows that the ultimate flavour lies in the blend, and this equals the ultimate satisfaction and recognition. Add Pakco, for top-quality meals with the ultimate flavour.