Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- ½ cup (125ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10ml) curry powder
- Salt and milled pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter
- 100g cheddar, sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 head baby gem lettuce, shredded
- Combine mayonnaise and curry powder. Season.
- Gently fold through eggs (taking care not to break them up too much.)
- Slice the top layer off the ciabatta to create a ‘lid’.
- Hollow out the centre, leaving a 1-2cm crust all round.
- Butter the inside of the ciabatta, add cheese and spoon in egg mayo.
- Top with tomato, red onion and lettuce. Season.
- Place ‘lid’ back on top.
- Wrap loaf with clingfilm, foil or wax paper and chill until ready to serve.