More than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) canola oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 packet (300g) PnP red & white coleslaw mix
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp (5ml) each cumin and mustard seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped ginger
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30ml) curry paste or powder
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped + extra for serving
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 4 potatoes, peeled, quartered and cooked
- Flour, for dusting
- Plain yoghurt and mango atchar
- 4-8 soft-boiled eggs
- Handful baby spinach
- Heat half the oil in a pan and sauté onion, slaw, curry leaves, cumin and mustard seeds until soft.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Stir through curry paste or powder, coriander, lemon juice and peel.
- Mash potatoes and stir through curry mixture.
- Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Chill for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and fry patties until golden.
- Spread yoghurt on a plate and ripple through some atchar.
- Arrange potato cakes on top and serve with eggs and garnish with extra coriander and baby spinach.