Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- Glug olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (about 1.5kg) PnP deboned leg of lamb with Greek-style sprinkle (see alternatives below)
- 1 punnet (20g) each coriander and parsley
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 anchovy (optional)
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) pickled red onions (optional)
- 1 tub (200g) PnP Tzatziki or 1 cup (250ml) plain double-cream yoghurt
- Handful pomegranate rubies or roasted vine tomatoes (optional)
- 2 packets (6s) mini pita breads, toasted
- 1 packet (100g) rocket (or salad leaves of choice)
- Drizzle lamb with olive oil and rub with garlic.
- Braai over medium-hot coals until well charred, about 20-25 minutes for medium rare, turning regularly. (Alternatively brown lamb in a hot pan and roast covered in an oven preheated at 180°C for 20-25 minutes for medium-rare or 35-40 minutes for medium).
- For salsa verde, blitz together ingredients just before serving. (Alternatively, chop everything finely and combine using a pestle and mortar if you don’t have a stick blender.)
- Serve lamb sliced on a platter with pickled red onions, tzatziki or yogurt, pomegranate rubies or roasted tomatoes, toasted pitas and rocket.
Swaps to try:
- Can’t find Greek seasoned lamb? Season your own lamb with salt, pepper, coriander and cumin instead. A little grated lemon peel works wonders too.
- Didn’t buy lamb for lockdown? This recipe works well with beef fillet or simply serve your beef steaks thinly sliced for a share platter
- Cooking for one or two? Use a single porterhouse steak between 2 people with platter bits to fill up plates.
- No fresh herbs? Use a store-bought Greek or basil pesto instead.