Less than 30 minutes
- 1 packet (300g) shredded spinach or Swiss chard
- 1 tub (230g) plain cream cheese
- 3 discs (about 50g each) feta, crumbled
- 2 tsp (10ml) chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) wholegrain mustard
- Milled pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry, covered with a damp cloth
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted butter
- Handful sesame seeds
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine spinach, cream cheese, feta, chilli flakes and mustard. Season with pepper.
- Place one sheet of phyllo onto a greased and lined 30x25cm baking tray.
- Brush with a little melted butter and top with another sheet of phyllo.
- Evenly spread with ½ the spinach mixture and top with another sheet of phyllo.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling, ending with a final layer of phyllo pastry.
- Brush with a little melted butter and score a diamond pattern on top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onions, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Season.
- Cover with clingfilm and pickle for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice traybake and serve with pickled onions.