Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 coil (150g) chorizo, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (450g) arborio rice
- 8 cups (2L) chicken, fish or vegetable stock
- 12 prawns, butterflied and cooked
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- Salt and milled pepper
- Fresh basil and ½ cup (60g) parmesan + extra for serving
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry chorizo for 2-3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Add butter to the pot and fry onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for 2-3 minutes or until rice becomes translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually add stock, about ½ cup (125ml) at a time while stirring, allowing the stock to evaporate before repeating the process.
- Do this until all stock has been absorbed and rice has become tender.
- Fold prawns, cooked chorizo, cream and parmesan through the rice and season.
- Serve topped with basil and extra parmesan.