Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1½ cups (375ml) basmati rice
- Glug olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red, green or yellow), diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) PnP chopped ginger
- 2 tsp (10ml) sesame oil
- 1 sachet (100g) PnP soy, honey and ginger stir-fry sauce (you can also use a splash of soy and/or oyster sauce)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Salt and milled pepper
- Chopped spring onions, for serving
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Sauté onion and pepper for 8 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute.
- Drain rice and toss with sautéed vegetables, adding lemon juice and grated peel, and parsley.
- Cover with a dishcloth and set aside for 15 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Fluff up with a fork.
- Sauté frozen peas and chopped ginger in a generous glug of olive oil.
- Toss in savoury rice and stir-fry until golden.
- Stir through sesame oil and stir-fry sauce.
- Move all the rice to one side of the pan.
- Pour in eggs and cook until well scrambled.
- Fold through the rice, season and add a bunch of chopped spring onions. Serve.