More than 1 hour
- 1 large butternut
- 1 brinjal
- 1 large marrow
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) sultanas
- ½ packet (50g) raw almonds, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) sherry or vegetable stock
- ½ cup (125ml) couscous, cooked
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Halve the butternut, remove seeds and score flesh.
- Steam or microwave butternut for 5-10 minutes.
- Halve the brinjal and marrow and steam for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Scoop out a little flesh from each vegetable to create a cavity. Reserve shells.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion until soft.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in sultanas, almonds and pumpkin seeds and fry for another minute.
- Add sherry, reduce for a minute and remove from heat.
- Stir through couscous, chopped parsley, and juice and grated peel of the lemon.
- Season and divide stuffing mixture into thirds.
- Fill each vegetable shell with stuffing.
- Place brinjals inside butternut shells, then place marrows inside brinjals.
- Sandwich butternut shells, securing with butcher’s string, and drizzle with oil.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes until cooked through.
- Slice and serve with fresh herbs and parsley butter.