Less than 1 hour
- ½ can (200g) coconut milk
- Salt and milled pepper
- 800g sustainable white fish (such as kingklip or hake), skin on and defrosted
- Juice (120ml) of 2 lemons
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed (optional)
- 1 packet (400g) baby marrows, sliced into ribbons and blanched
- 2 packets (200g each) sugar snap peas, blanched
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 packet (3s) baby gem lettuce, quartered
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 tub (160g) fresh coconut cubes, grated
- ½ punnet (10g) each fresh dill, coriander and mint
- ½ cup (80g) cashews, finely chopped
- Juice (120ml) and grated peel of 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- Red or green chilli, chopped, to taste
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Pour coconut milk into a deep, ovenproof dish.
- Season fish on both sides and place skin-side down in coconut milk, making sure it doesn’t cover the top of fish.
- Season, add lemon juice and lemongrass (if using) and cover loosely with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until fish turns white but is not cooked through.
- Combine gremolata ingredients, either finely chopping or blitzing in a food processor.
- Remove fish from oven and turn on oven grill.
- Spoon gremolata over fish, drizzle with olive oil and grill for 5 minutes to cook top of fish slightly.
- Transfer fish portions into bowls, add salad greens and sprinkle with leftover gremolata.
- Serve with coconut milk (from baking dish) spooned over fish salad.