More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) grated ginger
- 1 chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) mild curry powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground turmeric
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised (optional)
- 2 sprigs fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 1 packet (50g) tomato paste
- 2 salad tomatoes, grated
- 3 cans (400g each) coconut cream
- Juice (120ml) of 2 lemons
- Salt and milled pepper
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté onions for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli (if using) and cook for a minute.
- Add spices, lemongrass and curry leaves (if using) and cook until fragrant. Add a splash of water if it starts to catch.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook until sticky.
- Tip in tomatoes, coconut cream and lemon juice and simmer on a medium heat for 45-60 minutes, stirring regularly. Season.
- Cool completely, divide into four airtight containers and chill or freeze for later use.