Less than 30 minutes
(one slice each of sweet and savoury)
Share with friends
- 6 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk or cream
- Dash each ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60ml) sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Dash fish sauce (optional)
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- Butter or oil, for frying
- ¼ cup (60ml) PnP vanilla mascarpone or cultured cream
- Grated peel of 2 limes
- Handful fresh mint and blueberries
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) pickled ginger
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 2-3 radishes, sliced
- 4 strips crispy bacon (optional)
- Divide whisked eggs between two shallow bowls.
- Add milk, nutmeg and cinnamon to eggs in one bowl and mix well.
- Mix remaining eggs with sour cream, garlic, spring onion, and dash of fish sauce .
- Dip 2 slices of bread into each egg mixture and coat evenly.
- Heat butter or oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Fry bread until golden and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Combine mascarpone or cream and grated lime peel, add a dollop on top of sweet French toast and serve with blueberries, mint and/or a drizzle of honey.
- Serve the savoury French toast with pickled ginger, red chilli, radish and/or crispy bacon.