Less than 30 minutes
- Glug olive oil
- ¼ cup (60g) butter + extra 1 Tbsp (15g) for sauce
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ punnet (125g) PnP portabellini or white button mushrooms, halved
- ½ punnet (150g) PnP baby white button mushrooms, whole
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) white wine (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- Heat oil and ¼ cup (60g) butter over medium heat.
- Sauté onion for about 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 8-10 minutes over high heat until golden-brown.
- Add wine and extra butter and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Stir through thyme, garlic and half the parsley.
- Cook for another minute until fragrant and infused.
- Season well and garnish with remaining parsley before serving.