Share with friends
- 125g flour
- ¼ cup (30g) dark cocoa powder + extra for dusting
- 2 Tbsp (30g) butter
- 6 eggs
- ⅗ cup (150g) white sugar
- 60g 70% dark chocolate, broken up
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) low-fat milk
- ½ cup (120g) plain low-fat yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) dark cocoa powder
- Sift flour and cocoa together.
- Melt butter and remove foam on top.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl for 8-10 minutes to a ribbon-like stage, until 5 times the original size.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 25cm cake tin and dust with cocoa.
- Fold flour, cocoa and butter into egg mixture in 3 batches, take care not to deflate eggs.
- Gently pour batter into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly.
- Turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- For topping, melt chocolate and milk over a double boiler, stirring until completely smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk yoghurt and cocoa together and add to chocolate.
- Spread topping on cake.
- Serve within 1-2 days, storing in an airtight container.