Under 45 minutes
(+ marinating time)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) peanuts, roasted
- 2 tsp (10ml) cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp (3ml) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground cloves
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) coarse salt
- 1kg beef rump, cubed
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) canola or olive oil
- 2-3 mixed bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, quartered
- Blitz spice mix ingredients in a food processor until well-combined.
- Toss beef in oil and spice mix to coat well.
- Marinate for 1-2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Thread beef onto skewers (presoaked in water to avoid burning), alternating with peppers and red onions.
- Braai over hot coals for 3-4 minutes, basting frequently with remaining marinade.
- Serve immediately.