More than 1 hour
Makes 1 loaf (12 – 15 slices)
- 3 cups (450g) gluten-free flour mix
- 1 sachet (10g) instant dry yeast
- ¼ tsp (2ml) cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) sea salt flakes
- 1½ cups (375ml) lukewarm milk
- ¼ cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5ml) vinegar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) mixed sunflower, sesame, flax and pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Combine gluten-free flour mix, instant dry yeast, cream of tartar, sugar and sea salt flakes.
- Whisk together lukewarm milk, melted butter, vinegar and egg whites.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and mix for 3-5 minutes until lump free.
- Spoon batter into a greased loaf tin and gently brush the surface with olive oil. Sprinkle with seeds if you like.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool in loaf tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days or slice, cover with clingfilm and freeze for up to 2 weeks.