Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 packet (400g) shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 1 tub (230g) PnP cream cheese spread
- 2 discs (50g each) crumbled feta (ricotta works too)
- ¼ cup (60ml) basil pesto (optional)
- 4 salad tomatoes, sliced
- 1 packet (250g) medley tomatoes
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 whisked egg, for brushing
- Handful mixed seeds (optional)
- Basil leaves, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll pastry out on a floured surface into a 3mm-thick circle.
- Place on a lined baking tray and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, feta and pesto.
- Spread mixture over pastry, leaving a 5-7cm border clean.
- Combine tomatoes, thyme and olive oil.
- Layer on top of the pesto-cheese mixture. Season.
- Fold pastry border over in small folds, making your way around the edge. With each new fold, press down onto overlapping pastry to secure.
- Chill for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Brush border with whisked egg and sprinkle with mixed seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden-brown.
- Serve hot, garnished with basil leaves.