Less than 1 hour
- ¼ cup (60ml) mayonnaise
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- ½ clove garlic, finely grated
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 packets (500g each) calamari heads and tubes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) capers
- Small handful coriander and parsley, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 200g calamata olives
- Rocket and lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine mayo ingredients and set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan over a high heat.
- Fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add calamari heads and tubes and fry until golden.
- Season and remove to cool slightly.
- Toss calamari with capers, herbs, onion and olives.
- Arrange on a platter and top with rocket.
- Serve with lemon-garlic mayo and lemon wedges on the side.