Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 500g beef mince
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh breadcrumbs (made from ends of the baguette)
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (3ml) cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) dried thyme leaves (optional)
- 1 egg
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 sachet (50g) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- ½ block (40g) feta
- Handful chopped dill (optional)
- 1 crusty baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix meatball ingredients together and season well.
- Roll meatballs into R5-sized balls and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix tomato paste and stock together and pour around meatballs.
- Bake meatballs, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Turn meatballs over and bake for 15 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Scatter with crumbled feta, garnish with dill and serve with baguette slices on the side.