Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 6 salad tomatoes, cut in 1.5cm-thick slices
- Glug olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Handful olives
- Handful each fresh mint, dill and parsley, torn
- Glug olive or canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups (750ml) dried brown rice and lentil mix (or wholegrain of choice)
- 6 cups (1.5L) vegetable stock (or 1/2 stock, 1/2 water)
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 packet (200g) PnP young spinach (or leafy green veg of choice)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place tomatoes on a lined tray, drizzle with oil, season and scatter with garlic.
- Roast for 30 minutes and leave in oven.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan. Sauté onion for 8-10 minutes, then add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice-lentil mix, stock and lemon peel. Season.
- Increase oven to 200°C and bake rice and tomatoes for 20 minutes.
- Add olives to tomato tray and stir spinach through the rice.
- Bake for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve rice topped with herbs and tomatoes, and drizzled with pan juices.