Less than 30 minutes
- Glug olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 packet (4) large leeks, sliced
- 1 tsp (5ml) mustard seeds (black or yellow)
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
- ½ tsp (3ml) each ground coriander and ground cumin
- 1 packet (300g) baby spinach (or Swiss chard)
- 1 cup (250ml) frozen peas
- 2 cans (400g each) lite coconut milk
- 4-6 eggs
- ½ packet (10g) each dill and coriander, chopped
- Sesame seeds and yoghurt, for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion and leek until softened.
- Add spices and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, peas and coconut milk and simmer for 3-5 minutes to infuse and reduce.
- Create indents in the mixture and gently break eggs into the “nests”.
- Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes for medium-done eggs.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and sesame seeds, and serve with a dollop of yoghurt.