Less than 35 minutes
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- Melted butter, for brushing
- 1 packet (200g) ricotta
- ⅓ cup (80ml) cream or milk
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) frozen peas
- 1 cup (250ml) frozen beans
- ½ cup (125ml) frozen broccoli florets
- 6 eggs
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Microherbs, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Layer 1 phyllo pastry sheet on a lined baking tray and brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets.
- Fold up edges of pastry to create a border.
- Combine ricotta and cream or milk and spread over the base of the tart. Season.
- Defrost veggies in cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Scatter veggies onto ricotta base.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Break eggs on top of tart and bake for another 8-12 minutes, depending on how you prefer your eggs.
- Serve warm topped with basil and microherbs.