Less than 45 minutes
- 10-12 (about 1.2kg) potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into disks or wedges
- Olive oil, for roasting and frying
- Salt and milled pepper (or chip spice)
- ½ cup (125ml) mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- Juice (30ml) and grated peel of ½ lemon
- ½ cup (125ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried origanum
- 400g hake fillets, cut into burger-sized chunks
- 1 large PnP bakery baguette
- Sliced tomatoes and lettuce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil on an oven tray and season.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Set aside to infuse.
- Mix flour, paprika and origanum. Season.
- Coat fish pieces in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a generous glug of oil in a pan and fry fish on both sides until golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Halve baguette, toast and cut into four sandwich portions.
- Top one slice with lettuce, tomato and fish. Drizzle with aïoli, and top with another slice.
- Serve with hot chips.