Less than 1 hour
Blue cheese butter
- 1 pack (100g) blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup (125ml) butter, softened
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 6-8 (about 1-2kg) large sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- Salt and milled pepper
- Combine blue cheese butter ingredients and set aside.
- Slice each potato hasselback-style (scoring the flesh deeply at 2mm intervals – take care not to cut all the way through).
- Fill incisions with half the butter and dot the remaining butter on top.
- Season and wrap each potato in foil.
- Place directly onto medium coals and cook for 20-30 minutes, turning regularly.
- Serve immediately.