Less than 45 minutes
Makes 12 squares
Share with friends
- 2 cups (300g) cake flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) cornflour
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (250g) melted butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) strawberry jam (apricot works well too)
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups (150g) desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flours, half the sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add butter and mix until combined.
- Press mixture into a lined 31cm x 20cm rectangular baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread with jam while hot.
- Whisk egg whites and remaining sugar until combined and fold through coconut.
- Top jam with coconut mixture and bake for a further 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool and slice into squares.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.