More than 1 hour
- Olive oil, for frying
- Salt and milled pepper
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) PnP harissa paste
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika (optional)
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) honey
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Basil leaves
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Cooked bulgur wheat
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet (or sear in a pan and transfer to an ovenproof dish).
- Season chicken and sear over high heat for 5 minutes or until well-browned.
- Combine sauce ingredients and brush over chicken (drizzle with extra oil if needed).
- Arrange tomatoes and onion around chicken.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Toss herbs through bulgur wheat.
- Serve chicken, tomato and onion on a bed of herby bulgur wheat with lemon wedges on the side.