Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 tub (230g) LANCEWOOD® Medium Fat Plain Cream Cheese
- 2 packets (400g each) baby spinach (shredded swiss chard works well too)
- 3 discs (about 50g each) feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ packet (10g) dill, chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Salt and milled pepper
- 8-10 sheets phyllo pastry
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter, melted
- Handful pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cumin and fry for a minute.
- Stir in cream cheese and spinach until cheese melts and spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and add feta, dill, lemon and seasoning.
- Spoon mixture into a 10cm x 25cm tray or ovenproof dish.
- Brush phyllo sheets with butter.
- Scrunch phyllo sheets roughly and place on filling, covering entire dish.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.