Under 1 hour
- 1 roll (400g) frozen shortcrust pastry, defrosted at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 1 packet (300g) leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 packet (4s) spring onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs thyme, picked
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) cheddar, grated
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) parsley, chopped
- 1 packet (250g) asparagus
- Grease a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Roll out pastry on a floured surface to 5mm thick and carefully line tin.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat butter in a pan and sauté leeks, spring onion, garlic and thyme.
- Beat eggs and cream together and season.
- Add cheddar, parsley and sautéed greens.
- Pour into pastry case and top with asparagus.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool slightly in the tin for 5-10 minutes, then serve warm with a side salad.