Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter (or oil for a plant-based option)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil blend
- 6-8 (300g) leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3cm knob ginger, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised (optional)
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
- 1 can (400g) coconut cream + extra for serving
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 heads (300g each) broccoli, chopped
- ⅓ packet (100g) spinach or Swiss chard
- Handful fresh coriander and/or parsley and mint, chopped
- Squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a pan and sauté leeks for 7-8 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, ginger and lemongrass, if using, and cook for another minute until garlic is golden.
- Add stock, coconut cream and season.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender but still bright green.
- Stir in spinach, herbs and lemon juice and blitz mixture using a stick blender to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with black pepper and topped with extra coconut cream.