Less than 45 minutes
- 2 cans (400g) brown lentils, drained (pat dry with kitchen towel)
- 1 head (300g) cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 packet (200g) vine tomatoes
- 2 onions, slice into 10 wedges each
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Moroccan spice mix (or 1-2 tsp (5-10ml) each ground cumin, smoked paprika and ground coriander)
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil + extra for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 roll (400g) puff pastry, defrosted
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 cup (250g) plain yoghurt
- ¾ tub (90g) sun-dried tomato or basil pesto
- Handful fresh parsley or rocket, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place lentils, cauli florets, vine tomatoes and onion wedges on a baking tray, sprinkle with spice mix and season.
- Whisk together oil, garlic, lemon juice and peel and honey.
- Roll pastry out on a floured surface into a 3mm-thick rectangle.
- Score a border around the edge (without cutting all the way through).
- Using a fork, prick the base all over – this will keep it from puffing up too much.
- Brush border with a little oil and place tart base on a lightly floured baking tray.
- Bake both trays (pastry and lentil mixture) at the same time for 30-35 minutes until crispy and golden. Swap trays around halfway through if placing one under the other.
- Spread pastry with yoghurt and pesto and top with roasted lentil mixture.
- Garnish with parsley or rocket and serve.