Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) tomato paste
- 1 tsp (5ml) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) dried brown lentils
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
- Salt and milled pepper
- Handful fresh basil, chopped + extra leaves for serving
- 1 packet (500g) spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
- Add tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes before adding sugar.
- Stir through lentils and stock, and simmer over a low heat for about 45 minutes or until
- cooked through.
- Season sauce well and stir through basil.
- Serve bolognaise with spaghetti and garnish with extra basil leaves.