Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 can (410g) chopped tomatoes
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, basil and thyme work well)
- 1 tsp (5ml) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500ml) uncooked brown lentils
- 1 packet (500g) spaghetti, cooked
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Bread, for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add carrots and a pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes and stir to coat.
- Add chilli flakes, herbs, sugar, stock and lentils.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 17-20 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Add more water if mixture gets too thick and adjust seasoning.
- Dish spaghetti onto a plate and top with bolognaise.
- Garnish with basil and serve with bread, if using.