More than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 large onion
- 400g mince
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried origanum
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) vegetable oil
- 1 sachet (50g) tomato paste
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup (125g) grated mozzarella
- ½ packet (50g) olives (optional)
- Handful fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Halve onion – chop one half and slice the other.
- Mix chopped onion, mince, oregano, seasoning, egg, bread and parsley together.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook sliced onion on medium-low heat until caramelised.
- Grease a 26cm ovenproof dish and press mince mixture into base of dish.
- Evenly spread tomato paste over mince and add tomato, cheese, olives (if using) and cooked onion.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Garnish with basil just before serving.