More than 1 hour
- 1 cup (250ml) uncooked couscous
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 1 preserved lemon, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter, melted
- 1 large (1.2kg) chicken, innards removed
- ¼ cup (60g) butter, softened
- Salt and milled pepper
- Juice (120ml) and grated peel of 2 lemons
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 12 baby potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) dukkah spice mix
- Couscous, chopped mint and parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine stuffing ingredients and set aside.
- Rub chicken with butter and season.
- Place stuffing inside chicken cavity.
- Place breast-side up in a roasting pan and pour over lemon juice.
- Pack lemons, onions and potatoes in roasting pan, drizzle with oil and scatter with thyme.
- Pour over chicken stock and cover with foil.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and roast for 35-45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes until done.
- Sprinkle chicken with dukkah spice mix and grated lemon peel.
- Serve with rice, mint and parsley.