Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 cup (150g) flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli flakes + extra for sprinkling
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- ½ cup (105g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (80g) melted butter + extra for greasing
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (160g) brown sugar
- 1¼ cups (310ml) boiling water
- Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease an ovenproof baking dish.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa together, then add cinnamon, chilli flakes, salt and sugar.
- Whisk butter, milk, egg and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Add to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Mix sauce ingredients and pour over pudding.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with ice cream and sprinkle with extra chilli flakes.