- Glug olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (600g) minute steaks, sliced into strips
- 3-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 slices white bread (or ciabatta or sourdough)
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) soft butter
- 2 cups (about 180g) mixed grated cheddar and mozzarella
- Fresh herbs, for serving
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) canola oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) curry powder
- 5-6 salad tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup (60ml) chutney
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Season steak strips and add to the pan.
- Toss in garlic and fry for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Spread mustard on one side of each slice of bread and butter on the other side.
- Top 4 slices of bread, mustard side up, with steak, then cheese.
- Top with 4 slices of bread, butter side up, to sandwich close.
- For the smoor, heat oil in a pan and fry onion for 3-5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir through chutney and season.
- Fry sandwiches in a dry pan or griddle on medium-high heat until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.
- Serve with tomato smoor and herb garnish.
GOOD IDEA: For an extra flavour burst, serve a mixture of mayo and chopped herbs on the side as a dipping sauce.