More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2 cups (about 450g) soaked samp
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk
- Salt and milled pepper
- Olive or canola oil, for frying
- 600g mushrooms (of your choice)
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (400g) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ can (200g) tomato purée
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp (5ml) Marmite
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch sugar
- Combine samp, water and coconut milk in a pot, season and cover.
- Simmer for 50-60 minutes, stirring often.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan on high heat and fry mushrooms in batches.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add a glug of oil to the same pan and sauté onion for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan along with the mushrooms.
- Season well.
- Simmer for 8-12 minutes.
- Serve ragù on samp.