- 1 packet (500g) tagliatelle
- Glug olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 packet (250g) portobellini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) white wine (optional)
- Handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ packet (50g) walnuts, chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- Finely grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook tagliatelle according to packet instructions in boiling, salted water.
- Drain and reserve ½ cup cooking water.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry cauliflower, onion and mushrooms in batches, until well browned and cooked through.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute or two.
- Add wine, if using, to deglaze pan.
- Stir in cooked pasta, parsley and nuts and toss to combine (add reserved cooking water if pasta seems too dry).
- Season well.
- Serve scattered with parmesan cheese.