Less than 15 minutes
Serves 8 as a side
Share with friends
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp (10ml) coriander seeds, toasted
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) baby capers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped chives
- Grated peel of 1 lemon + juice (30ml) of ½ lemon
- 200g fine green beans, blanched
- 1 can (400g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (400g) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Roast pepper in oven (or braai over hot coals) for 20 minutes or until charred.
- Place in a zip-seal bag and leave to steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove skin and discard stems and seeds, then cut into strips.
- Grind seeds using a pestle and mortar.
- Mix ground seeds with olive oil, capers, garlic, chives, lemon juice and grated peel to make a dressing.
- Toss peppers, green beans, kidney beans and butter beans in dressing until well coated.
- Marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve salad with a main of your choice.