More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 1 packet (200g) Marie biscuits or PnP coconut tea biscuits, finely crushed
- ½ cup (125ml) butter, melted
- 3 tubs (230g each) medium-fat cream cheese (or PnP full fat cream cheese plain)
- ¾ cup (180ml) sour cream
- 1½ cups (375ml) castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ Tbsp (8ml) vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine biscuits and butter and press mixture into a lined 22cm springform cake tin. Chill in the fridge.
- Blitz filling ingredients in a food processor or with a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour over the biscuit base.
- Line a deep-dish oven tray with a tea towel, place cake tin on top and pour lukewarm water around the sides to create a bain-marie.
- Bake at 160°C for 80-90 minutes until outsides are set and mixture is still slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Remove and cool completely to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Serve with fresh berries.