Less than 1 hour
- 2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 6-8 salad tomatoes, quartered
- Handful cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Olive oil, for roasting
- Salt and milled pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) flour
- 4 cups (1L) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 packet (500g) pasta of choice (we used farfalle), cooked
- Fresh basil or thyme, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place peppers, tomatoes, garlic and thyme in a large, deep oven dish.
- Toss with oil and season.
- Roast for about 10-15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually pour in milk while whisking for about 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Season well and stir through mustard.
- Toss cooked pasta and white sauce through the roasted vegetables in oven dish.
- Reduce oven to 180°C and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve scattered with fresh herbs.