Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (80g) uncooked, pre-rinsed quinoa
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chia seeds
- ¼ tsp (1.5ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- ¼ cup (60g) roughly chopped almonds
- ¼ cup (60g) chopped pecan nuts
- ¼ cup (100g) natural creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine rolled oats, quinoa, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in mashed banana and vanilla essence.
- Fold in almonds and pecan nuts.
- Place a saucepan over low heat; add almond butter and honey (or maple syrup)
and stir to combine.
- Fold through the dry mixture.
- Pour onto baking tray and press down firmly with your hands to spread mixture
- Using a knife, shape out the bars (for easier cutting later).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges turn golden.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.