More than 1 hour
- 1½ cups (375g) butter
- 1½ cups (300g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) milk
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) vanilla essence
- ¼ cup (25g) desiccated coconut
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tub (100g) fresh blueberries
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 35x25cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each fully before adding the next.
- Whisk in milk and vanilla essence.
- Combine coconut and flour in a separate bowl, then add to batter, mixing well.
- Fold in berries and pour into baking tray.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes, until a golden-brown crust forms.
- Cool slightly in tray, then slice into bars.
- Serve cooled completely or store in an airtight container.