More than 3 hours
- 1 PnP deboned leg of lamb with Greek rub
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 5 salad tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 packets vine tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- ½ cup (125ml) red wine
- 1½ cups (375ml) lamb stock
- 2-3 tsp (10-15ml) cornflour, mixed with a little cold water
- 1 cup (250ml) PnP marinated olives, pitted
- Handful basil
- Flatbreads, for serving (optional)
- Handful mint leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Rub lamb with oil and season well.
- Place onions, tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in a roasting pan.
- Place lamb on top of vegetables and pour wine and stock into pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and roast for 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat and place on a baking sheet.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°C and brown meat for 15 minutes.
- Spoon excess fat off pan juices and strain juice into saucepot.
- Heat juices, add cornflour mixture and stir through olives and basil.
- Serve lamb with sauce, flatbreads and mint.