Less than 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into eighths
- 12 baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) capers
- 2 cans (800g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 packet (200g) calamata-style olives, drained
- 6 sprigs oregano
- 2 cans (240g) mackerel in brine, drained and rinsed, tuna chunks or sardines work well too-
- 3 discs (200g) low-fat feta
- Couscous with fresh herbs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof pan.
- Brown the onions, remove and set aside.
- Add potatoes and brown well.
- Add garlic and capers and fry for a minute.
- Return onions and add tomatoes, olives and oregano.
- Cover pan with a lid or foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven, stir through mackerel and crumble feta on top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with herbed couscous on the side.