More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2.5kg ripe salad tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and milled pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) brown or white sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh thyme or origanum, leaves picked
- 1 packet (500g) PnP tagliatelle nests
- A few parmesan shavings
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on two baking trays (take care not to overcrowd the trays).
- Season, drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with sugar, add garlic and herbs.
- Roast for 50-70 minutes or until tomatoes have gone soft and slightly caramelised.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Toss tomatoes and pan juices with pasta.
- Garnish with parmesan shavings and basil just before serving.