Less than 45 minutes
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 can (410g) tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1¼ cups (250g) risoni
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ packet (150g) Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) grated white cheddar cheese + extra for serving
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 packet (4) chicken breast fillets
- ¼ cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) each parsley and basil, chopped
- Place 3 cups stock, tomatoes, garlic, risoni and seasoning in a pot over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in Swiss chard, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and brown chicken.
- Add ¼ cup stock, season and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken using two forks.
- Scatter over parsley and basil and mix with the risoni.
- Serve topped with extra grated cheese.