More than 1 hour
- 8 whole beetroots
- ½ cup (125ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sugar
- 1 packet vine tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 ciabatta
- 3 (50g each) discs feta, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) plain yoghurt
- Handful fresh basil
- Boil beetroots for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Cut into 1-2cm thick rounds.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary and sugar.
- Stir mixture until sugar dissolves.
- Submerge sliced beets in mixture and set aside for 30-60 minutes.
- Braai beets with tomatoes and red onion over medium coals for about 15 minutes, turning and basting with balsamic mixture.
- Halve ciabatta and place cut-side down on the braai grid to char. Set aside.
- Mix feta and plain yoghurt together.
- Spread feta mixture on ciabatta.
- Top with grilled beetroot, onion and tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh basil.